Hi there! This will probably be a shortish post. I’m going to show you guys my new hair and talk about bleaching.
This is the reaction I get when people find out I’ve bleached my hair:
They pretty much flip out because first off- they think I bleached my entire head of hair. Second, everyone knows bleaching your hair is unhealthy. And third- I’m a natural brunette with dark eyebrows and dark brown eyes. Now here’s what YOU need to know:
- It’s not all of my hair, it’s a thick section on my left side, the one without bangs.
- It’s not white blonde. My hair didn’t take the color as well because it’s pre-colored dark brown. (Yes, my hair is naturally dark brown, but I had it foiled blonde over the summer and when I wanted to go brown again in September I had to dye it to its natural color.)
- I got it professionally done so it doesn’t look like crap.
- I know how to take care of my hair and it’s pretty healthy to begin with.
I like it a lot actually. I based it off of Christina Perri’s look. If you don’t know who she is, look up her music. It’s amazing; the song, Jar of Hearts is an obsession.
^^ That would be Chrsistina Perri. Love her. Love her tattoos and her hair and just basically everything about her. Look up her story of fame too- it’s great!
Here’s the night I got it done…
Here’s what I looked like the next day, after actually brushing out, drying, and styling my hair. I like it a lot!
If you’re planning on bleaching your hair, think about it a long time. Here’s what you need to know if you’re going to do it:
- Bleaching your hair will, without a doubt, ruin your hair no matter how healthy it is. It doesn’t matter how well you take care of it before, it will still screw it up.
- If your hair is pre-fried, basically it feels like hay, don’t bleach your hair because it’s likely your hair is going to fall out and I’m pretty sure you don’t want that.
- Frying your hair comes from too much dyeing, bleaching, or heat styling. If you straighten your hair everyday, it’s likely this will happen to you. Curling will do this too, but it’s not as harsh because it doesn’t cover every part of your hair. A note about heat styling- there are products out there that can help you. Go get some heat protectant and put it on before you use anything with heat on your hair, every single time! (I like Tresemme’s, it’s about $3-5. You can get it at Target. CHI’s 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protectant is nice too and is only about $12.)
- The bleach will make your hair dry and coarse. Your natural texture will be compromised.
- There’s always a possibility of your hair breaking off. Know the risks.
- Bleached hair doesn’t look the same on everyone, ask your stylist about it first.
- Consult your stylist before getting it done- see if he or she thinks your hair is going to break off or fall out to make sure you’re not risking it.
- Go to a professional stylist! DO NOT try to bleach your hair by yourself.
This is what fried bleach hair looks like:
I’m not an expert on bleached hair and I don’t have a ton of experience with it. Talk to a stylist, google it, or check some YouTube videos for more information. I highly recommend not to try it yourself.